Buck on Jordan Baker

BarclaySouthway

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was really disgraceful. Totally even though Caleb hit a home run the next inning shifted the outcome of the game and screwed our pen which could have a big impact on this series. We'll bounce back tomorrow I'm sure because we're a resilent team but Jordan Baker's name is up there with Rich Garcia, CB Bucknor, and Joe West in the school of crappy umpires.

No doubt it was an inexperienced umpire over his head. This umpiring crew was embarrassing. First the non call on the Panda slide then the immediate ejection shows this crew is not up to major league standards.

And it is driving me nuts that Dempsey is praising the umps strike zone.

And it is driving me nuts that Dempsey is praising the umps strike zone.

That's another thing. His strike zone was awful too. Just like the rookie ump we had on Wednesday. I swear it's like the stinking Yanks and Sox get their own precious strike zone.

That's another thing. His strike zone was awful too. Just like the rookie ump we had on Wednesday. I swear it's like the stinking Yanks and Sox get their own precious strike zone.

Agree with Dempsey. The guy was good on balls and strikes. But this game proves more than any other that there's more to umpiring than that.

Agree with Dempsey. The guy was good on balls and strikes. But this game proves more than any other that there's more to umpiring than that.

Yeah there really is more to it than that. A2D on the zone because that's part of the game. An umpire not having any sort of common sense though about beanballs OTOH. I mean if he thought it was on purpose and because of the Sandoval slide. He A) should have warned the two teams after that play and B) warned Ubaldo after Sandoval got hit.

As an Orioles fan who also supports the Pirates, I spent more than six hours watching the Bucs play the Braves in this game during the summer of 2011, which ended after an extremely controversial call by Jerry Meals...who happens to be the crew chief for this series against the Red Sox.

[video=youtube;zPH-_cDg-F4]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Crew chief Jerry Meals on ejection: "Jordan felt that there was intent on the pitch, and the location of the pitch was a major factor,"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">April 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So not only did this ump think it was intentional but it was head hunting, also? Yeah, a guy with a no-hitter always decides to go head hunting...or not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Crew chief Jerry Meals on ejection: "Jordan felt that there was intent on the pitch, and the location of the pitch was a major factor,"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">April 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So not only did this ump think it was intentional but it was head hunting, also? Yeah, a guy with a no-hitter always decides to go head hunting...or not.

Guy with a no hitter in a tight game too. Really Baker/Meals, why give Boston a base runner? Why give them a rally? I think Ubaldo was at nearly 5-6 in a row consecutive guys sat down by that time too. He was finding a groove.

Archived